Awesöme Orchestra Collective plays everything from Stravinsky to The Simpsons in fun places all over the Bay. Learn more at www.awesomeorchestra.org.
Awesöme Orchestra seeks music-loving folks to join our on-call crew of Stage Managers. Stage Managers help out at our Open Sessions and special events for 3 to 4 hours about once a month.
Most Stage Managers enjoy this occasional gig because they love supporting the work of the orchestra and being part of our awesome family. This is an independent contractor position that pays at $15 an hour.
- Love of live music and community events
- Have a driver's license
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Experience working for a non-profit
- Experience playing orchestral music
Stage managers help the Lead Stage Manager make sure the audience and musicians have everything they need and that the events run smoothly. We usually have 2–3 stage managers at events. The following lists typical responsibilities at an event, but specifics are subject to change:
- Help Lead Stage Manager set up merchandise table
- Sell raffle tickets and merchandise (we use Square and cash)
- Lifting and moving percussion, large instruments and other things
- Setting up chairs
- Helping with any special activities (raffles, etc.)
- Check in musicians and provide them with sheet music
- Answer questions from the audience and musicians
- Maintain good relationships with supporters, volunteers and community members
- Log working hours and invoice Awesöme Orchestra after events
Work with a great team to make awesome musical adventures possible!
We’re always looking for more Stage Managers and accept applications on a rolling basis. Email a note with any relevant experience and why you want to get involved with Awesöme Orchestra as a Stage Manager to Corey Johnson at email@example.com with “Stage Manager application” in the subject line.